A literature review of primary sources pertaining to climate change and health included the following topics:
- Current and potential climate change impacts on people and ecosystems in northern Canada.
- Examples of adaptation approaches and strategies available for small remote northern Aboriginal communities to respond to climate change.
- Future climate projections.
- The interconnections of climatic, environmental, and social/cultural changes; and their impacts on health.
- Western Medical Science and Dene perspectives regarding health.
- The importance of traditional knowledge (TK) in climate change research for revealing how changes in climate are linked to changes in the environment and the community, and the importance of TK for developing adaptation strategies.